Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Birthdays and Books

Needless to say, I had books for my birthday yesterday, and money with which to purchase even more books :-)

I am now the proud possessor of the new Terry Pratchett encyclopaedic companion, catchingly titled "Turtle Recall", which is going to provide hours of pleasure for the three Pratchett fans in the house, and a smile from the Arnie fan in the house, even if he doesn't read Pratchett.

Special thanks have to go to my very dear friend Mary R, who sent me a veritable treasure trove of gifts, all of which are wonderful :-)  I am currently listening to the CD of the St Petersburg Chamber Choir, which is simply lovely, and am the delighted possessor of a lace effect St Nicholas ornament, a new diary, an intricate heart shaped home decor  pendant with "Home Sweet Home" on it, and photos will follow in due course........

What did I do on my birthday? The Hubster took me to Starbucks for a coffee and McDonalds for breakfast, I went to two hours of Latin class in the afternoo and we splashed out on an Indian takeaway for supper: Chicken Korma, Meat Biryani, Onion Bhajis, Pilau Rice, Chips, Peshwari Naans, Poppadoms, Mango Chutney and Coconut Chutney. It fed four of us, and there is plenty left over for lunch for the Hubster and I today. 

Happy Times !
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

that Indian food sounds great! love to you and many more years, full of God's mercy... I pray...

Shelley said...

Many years!