Thursday, December 06, 2012

Second Thoughts

In September, in an unaccustomed episode of housewifely fervour, I performed a fairly savage cull of my books and having bagged them up, took them to my Mother's house, where I had already culled and bagged up most of Mum's old books.

We finally got round to taking a car full of them to the charity shop on Monday this week, and I handed them over without a backward glance. Or so I thought.

As soon as I got home, I started to wonder about the wisdom of having disposed of one of them.

I had to go to town today to pay some bills and run some errands; my feet somehow managed to take me to the charity shop where I had sent the books. My feet even managed to propel me up the stairs to the book section, and lo and behold, the only book which I had regretted disposing of, out of twenty bags of books, was on the shelf.

Needless to say, I surrendered my fifty pence coin with alacrity and brought my treasure safely home.......
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

wow, what a mercy of God! HUGS and love...

DebD said...

how sweet.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I was so happy :-)
It never ceases to amaze me how a book which I might dismiss as no longer of any use to me can a few weeks later contain a message that I really need to read.

Michelle M. said...

How incredible that you were able to find it so easily. :) God always gives us what we need.