Sunday, December 30, 2012

Book Review - Fix-It and Forget-It Holiday Appetizers, Finger Foods, and Beverages




 

Fix-It and Forget-It
 Holiday Appetizers, Finger Foods, and Beverages

By Phyllis Pellman Good

Published by Good Books, October 2012



Regular readers will know I have a *great* fondness for cookery books. When I realised this book was about how to prepare for  holiday occasions by utilising slow-cookers, I simply had to review it.

Preparing for holiday meals, family get-togethers, church socials or pot-lucks can be  enormous fun - and also quite stressful, no matter how much cooking may generally be enjoyed.   I think this series of books may possibly be the books I have been looking for......

Any book which provides no fewer than 18 recipes for large quantity drinks which can be prepared in a slow-cooker, gets my seal of approval, especially when those recipes include Hot Buttered Lemonade, Hot Cranberry Cider and Triple Delicious Hot Chocolate...... Yum !

Chicken Wings, a variety of party dips, Cranberry Meatballs, Pate and Holiday Sugared Walnuts are  included amongst many others, and I hope to be able to review the other two books in this excellent series in due course.
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: