Thursday, November 01, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012

Yes, I have entered the glorious month of insanity that is NaNoWriMo for the fourth consecutive year!

I woke up this morning wondering what topic to choose, and sat at my computer desk with a blank page and an equally blank mind.......so, I posted on Facebook:-

"I could write:
  •  a fictionalised history of our town
  • stories of the lives of the Saints of Wales
  • something dark, brooding and introspective
  • or have a bash at something completely different, maybe a hybrid Orthodox/Amish community.
Hmmm, some possibilities there. Time for coffee and some focused pondering..."
 
 
After some interesting banter with my FB friends, I decided to see how many of the above I could manage to incorporate into a post-Apocalyptic type scenario.  Surprisingly, I managed to crank out 1819 words in 55 minutes.  My typing is atrocious, and it wll take a while of editing to make it legible to anyone else, but I don't know whether to be impressed by my creativity or absolutely terrified by my undoubted ability to ramble excessively :-)
 
 
 
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: