Thursday, October 18, 2012

Word Verifications

I didn't realise that so many of you were having difficulties with the word verifications that Blogger is asking you to complete when leaving comments here.

 I have disabled the word verifications but will be putting all comments on moderation to avoid the blog being spammed by automatically produced adverts for property, health products and items of a less than salubrious nature from a variety of countries across the globe :-)

Your comments *will* appear, but it may take a few hours for me to receive the email notifications and manually "publish" the comments.

I too have had problems with Bloggers's bizarre verifications in the last week - on one site, I attempted to leave a comment and was informed *eight* times that I had entered the wretched codes incorrectly, even though I carefully checked each entry.
I gave up in the end :-(

Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sian, perhaps I could try again, now you've sorted it all out, and thank you most sincerely for the book which I won in your competition this week. It was such a surprise, as I have never won anthing in my life before, and I feel quite overwhelmed at your generosity, especially after all the pain and discomfort this year from my two shoulder operations. So thank you once again and I promise to give you feedback when I've read it. Mary Riches

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. I've just removed the word verification from my blog, as well. Hoping not to have to moderate comments, but we shall see...

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Mary, I hope it gives you pleasure ! I am so thankful to the author and her publishers, for their kindness in shipping the book airmail and free of charge just so I could offer it as a giveaway on the blog.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Anastasia,
I have had two lots of spam comments already today, so the dreaded word verification obviously does deter spammers ! I will persevere, though.