Tuesday, October 09, 2012

One Of Those Days

Today really has been one of those days.

When I went shopping for a birthday card for our youngest child, as I was browsing through the "Daughter" section in the card shop, it hit me like a hammer blow that never again will I have a card with "Daughter" on it from my Mum, who always spent a lot of time browsing for the perfect cards for all her family members.

Neither will I ever have a card with "Sister" on it from my brother.

Despite having my husband and my daughters, I feel alone and more than a little bereft. The three year anniversary of my brother's death has been very hard, with grief re-awakened with a vengeance after Mum's death earlier this year........

For those of you who are blessed to still have parents and siblings alive, be thankful. It hurts so very much when they have departed this life :-(

Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

(((hugs)))... this is not easy at all! Remember that the Saints are with you; you are not alone... will light a candle for you all...

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Thank you, dearest Elizabeth.

DebD said...

I'm sorry. Hugs.

Michelle M. said...

Lord have mercy on you. May your brother's memory be eternal! It is hard to believe that three years has already passed. Hugs!