Saturday, March 24, 2012

Well, I came home on Friday evening, Glory to God,  after my surgery.

The abscess was "very extensive" to quote my surgeon, and has done a great deal of damage. To remove the abscess and all the damaged tissue has left me with a surgical cavity at least an inch and a half wide and at least two inches deep, which will require daily visits from the Nurse to clean, pack and re-dress the wound and will take months to heal.

I have been warned that this operation is only the first of two which will be needed to deal with the problem once and for all, given how very extensive it is. I have an array of painkillers to take, and antibiotics too, which conspire to make me very sleepy indeed. I have spent much of the day either asleep or awake but still resting in bed, as it is impossible to sit at the moment......

I have a CT scan scheduled for Monday afternoon,  and a further appointment with the Consultant on 4th April to check the wound and discuss the next step of surgery.
Thank you all so much for your love and prayers !
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Lord have mercy! Lighting my candle to St. Necktarios...

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so sorry! Another surgery. Can't imagine why they couldn't to it all at once and get it over with, but so be it. I hope that, being groggy, you are at least not in pain. I want to say, "God be with you!" but of course He is.

And so are all your friends and readers, in prayer.

Ian Climacus said...

Continued prayers and love. Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know how you are.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Oh no! How scary. I'm so sorry. Prayers, of course.