Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sigh

Updated to add:

Dear Walt and Mimi, thank you so much for your kind messages. If you can keep me in your prayers , that will give me enormous comfort !! I'm praying for all of your needs and intentions too, of course......
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Groundhog Day strikes again.

I saw the Consultant surgeon this afternoon, who did a thorough and unpleasant examination of the afflicted area. The good news is that he has found out exactly what the problems are, which neither of the other two surgeons did.

The bad news is I need emergency surgery on Thursday afternoon, which is going to be very extensive and have a painful and lengthy post-operative recovery time.

The other bad news is that the Social Worker  in charge of my Mum's care  feels that Mum is now too unwell and frail for us to cope with caring for her at home, even with support, and that she may need to go into a Nursing Home. Neither Mum nor I never wanted this to happen, but with my health the way it is at the moment, I know in my heart that I simply cannot manage to care for her effectively when I am supposed to be recovering  from serious surgery myself.....

There  will be a multi-disciplinary case meeting tomorrow, and they will put it to Mum that it is in her best interests to be able to have 24/7 care in a properly staffed Nursing home. 
She isn't going to like it one bit :-(

Prayers for all these things and for our whole family will be so very much appreciated !
Share with friends using the share button below.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh my dear friend, I am so sorry to read of your trials and tribulations. I feel it so inadequate to say I'm keeping you in my prayers, I want to rush over, roll up my sleeves, and do what I can for you and your dear mom.
However, I have to say the inadequate and keep you in my humble and feeble prayers.
Love to you.

Walter Trachim said...

It has been one thing after another for you - if I could get across the pond I'd do the same as Mimi. And we're going through similar trials with my own mother, so I can certainly feel your pain in that regard. But as I've said already, the offer stands. Let me know if there is anything I can do, regardless of the distance between there and here. :)

elizabeth said...

Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. My small prayers too. What a hard hard time :(

Lord have mercy!!!

Ian Climacus said...

Lord, have mercy! As Mimi and Walter wrote it seems one bad thing is following another, and words seem inadequate; but please know you and your family have my love, prayers and thoughts. And I too wish our countries weren't so far apart.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Me, too, to everything Mimi and Walter have said. And continuing prayers, of course. May you and your mum both be very brave.

DebD said...

Feeling the same as Walter and Mimi. If I could somehow get across the ocean and come help, I would. You are in my prayers, dear friend. I don't know why my RSS feeder didn't put this through until today (Friday), but your surgery is over now and I hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery. Lighting a candle for you now.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

I'm just reading this. It is Saturday so I pray your surgery went well. Many prayers.

I'm also sorry to hear your Mum is having to move into a nursing home.