Thursday, March 29, 2012

News

Well, dear ones, the road to recovery seems not to be a smooth one !

On Sunday morning I felt very nauseous, and when the Nurse visited to see to my wound, she advised me that if I felt any worse, I needed medical attention. By mid-afternoon I had vomited small amounts of blood, so I ended up back in hopsital overnight on IV meds and had a gastroscopy on Monday, which showed I had Stage 2 oesophagitis, exacerbated by my painkillers.  I have had to go "cold turkey" and manage without any painkillers, and am being aggressively treated for the oesophagitis, which is now under control and not causing me dreadful stomach pain any more.

The CT scan has been done and we are waiting on the results of that. The wound seems to be doing just what it ought so far, and I am very slowly becoming a little more mobile and a little more comfortable every day :-)

Mum, on the other hand, has deteriorated ver rapidly over the last ten days, and at a multi-disciplinary team meeting held at her home on Tuesday,  it was evident to all that she now needs 24 hour a day nursing care and it is no longer possible for her to be cared for at home. This has broken my heart, as she has always said she wanted to die in her home, but I was told by the Nursing staff that it truly is necessary. Things have moved quickly, and she is being transferred to a Nursing Care Facility on Friday  morning.  Please pray that this transition may be a gentle one for her, and cause her as little distress and anxiety as possible, and that she will settle quickly in her new home. There is open visiting, so all her family and friends can go and see her whenever they wish.
Share with friends using the share button below.

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

what a hard lent for you this year; hugs; God is with you. love to you and will be lighting candles for you again today...

mamajuliana said...

Praying for your recovery and for your mum. I remember when I had to made the difficult decision to place my father in a home. Such a hard time...

Keeping you both in prayer.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Lots of hugs & prayers.

Ian Climacus said...

May God our loving and compassionate Father bring healing to you, and help and assist you and your mother, and your family, as you make very tough decisions emotionally and mentally regarding her care. My unworthy prayers are with you all.

DebD said...

I've been following your progress and praying for you often. Praying for your mum too. How very hard for you both.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Thank you all so very much for your kind words, prayers and loving thoughts. All so very much appreciated, and my fervent prayers for God's blessings on you all as we approach Holy Week.