Sunday, January 08, 2012

Photo A Day Challenge






  I'm shamelessly borrowing this from Missingbecheery because it is brilliant !




 I know I am late starting, but here goes :-)




  Day 1 - You


A while ago, we visited a living history WW2 museum in Swansea.   It was chock-full of artefacts from the period, and many of them could be picked up, clothes tried on and studied.
We all especially loved the dressing up, and I took a photograph of  myself in a mirror whilst wearing period hat and coat.  In the background is a photograph of my youngest daughter wearing an authentic gas mask.

I love history in any shape or form, and I  like the juxtaposition of old and new, historical and modern, congruous and incongruous in this picture......
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

margaret said...

Yes... I like the very modern camera wielded by a woman in an extremely old-fashioned hat.