Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birdbrain

I did something really foolish on Thursday. I am now officially a birdbrain.

I left my mobile phone at my Mum's house. When preparing to leave, I was talking to Mum's elderly friend and completely forgot to pick the phone up from the coffee table in the extension where it receives the best signal.........

I initially thought I could manage without it and that I would simply go up and collect it on Friday morning after I had dropped DD4  at school, and it was only at 8.30 pm on Thursday night that I realised with a sickening realisation that my phone alarm was set to go off - to wake me up - at 6.30am the next morning, and the alarm would continue to ring very loudly indeed until
 a/ turned off or
b/ the wretched battery is fully discharged.

Knowing that Mum would be totally confused and frightened as to why this incredibly loud alarm is ringing if it wakes her in the morning, and that none of us would be there till at least 08.30am to turn it off, I headed straight back up to Mum's to retrieve the phone.

 When I let myself in, she was already asleep, so I tip-toed into the other room to retrieve the Phone of Doom and let myself out equally quietly, heaving a huge sigh of relief that I had remembered about the alarm in time.........
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Laura said...

It's amazing how we've come to rely on these little things we could have never imagined as being real when we were growing up! I use my phone for an alarm clock also!

margaret said...

I'm really glad you remembered in time. Once I made a mistake setting my alarm and it rang in the afternoon and scared me silly despite being my own phone.

Sarah in Indiana said...

Glad you remembered! That is something I would do. I am forever leaving my belongings places unintentionally.

Michelle M. said...

Sounds like something my husband would do, too :) He is always leaving his phone in strange places and tv remotes, too. :)