Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bonfire Night

Doom Hamster and I took the little ones to see the public display of fireworks at the beach on Bonfire Night, whilst DH stayed home to keep the Dog of Doom company, as he really doesn't like the noise of fireworks.

As usual, I forgot my camera in the rush to get there on time, but I did have my Blackberry which DD2 very kindly gave me when she bought her brand new iPhone, so I was able to take a few pictures with that....









                                We stood on the beach, as the tide was out, and had a great view.

What wasn't so great was the behaviour of a  large number of people in their teens and early twenties, whose language was obscene and their  general demeanour appalling; it was not nice for those of us with young children, and for the elderly folk, to have to listen to such vile language and constant sexual references.

It might have been better if part of the viewing area had been designated for families only , which would then have solved the problem to a large extent. It wasn't just me objecting to having my children exposed to this, there were quite a few other parents expressing their dismay and concern......we quickly decamped onto the beach, where the general behaviour was much better.

We stopped off at the fish and chip shop on the way home, which was also fun :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

margaret said...

I'm sorry you had to put up with that. It's appalling how many people now just can't seem to communicate without using foul language. I've noticed at college that several of my classmates can't have a conversation without 'f' this and 'f' that. It's really depressing.

On the other hand, fish and chips after a chilly visit to the beach is always good!