Sunday, August 07, 2011

Family News

Mum's health continues to deteriorate, and she is now totally bedbound, with two carers visiting together to nurse her, three times a day. On Saturday, she was very sleepy indeed, finding any movement  - or even speech - to be an effort. Her appetite remains pretty good, but she is still a little weaker and thinner every day. I am with her as much as I can be, and even just making sure she has all her tablets and inhalers at the appropriate times is almost a full-time task, let alone doing the copious amounts of laundry each day.

DD3 is off with her Scout troupe to Summer Camp in West Wales today. Needless to say, it is raining here....hopefully the weather will be a bit brighter for them when they have to pitch their tents this afternoon ! DD4 is down in the dumps and will miss her big sister terribly, so I am thinking of things we can do together to keep her occupied and happy as well as having to be with me "on-call" with my Mum.......
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

thinking of you Elizabeth and praying. HUGS.

Athanasia said...

Elizabeth, you are in my thoughts during this difficult time with your Mum. It is service to her born out of your love, I know. Take care of yourself too. You are no good to anyone if you get ill yourself.

Gentle hugs.

Laura said...

Praying for you...

margaret said...

I hope all goes as well as it can do with Mum (and Athanasia is right, take care of you too) and that DD4 is cheered up somehow. Miss Darcy sends a warm purr.