Saturday, July 09, 2011

Muscles. A Love- Hate Relationship

About a fortnight ago, I turned quickly on the driveway to run back to the house to fetch something and felt an excruciating pain in my left calf, along with adefinite prolonged ripping sensation  and great difficulty in walking... I had torn a muscle.

A few days later, I woke up to find my entire shin was yellow and black where the bleeding from the muscle tear had tracked through the tissue layers to manifest as bruising. After hobbling for several days, the muscle gradually began to heal, though I was still unable to walk quickly or for long distances without pain, which made walking DD4 to school something of an ordeal when DH was working away.

On Thursday morning, I climbed on a chair to get something from the top of one of the tall kitchen cabinets, and used my injured leg to get down first. This was a seriously bad move, as there was a return of the pain, the ripping sensation and a certain amount of shrieking from me. Luckily I did not lose my balance and fall, or I would have caused worse damage to my poor calf than I already have.

I woke up this morning to find, yet again, that my entire shin is black, blue and yellow with extensive brusing.

Ho hum. I shall be hobbling around for another few weeks, I suppose :-0
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

margaret said...

Ohhhhhhh poor you! I hope it's not too painful.

elizabeth said...

oh dear, that sound so painful. so sorry. HUGS. is there anything that can be done? will light a candle for you...