Saturday, June 04, 2011

Pausing For Breath And Prayer

The last fortnight has been so busy......

DoomHamster celebrated her 25th birthday, DD3 celebrated her 13th birthday and Mum celebrated her 75th birthday.  I also went on a school trip with DD4's school as an accompanying adult to a coal mine, where we went underground to a depth of 300ft and traversed the mine shafts for 3/4 mile.

Added to that, last week was half-term break and time to collapse in a crumpled heap.
Or so I thought.

DH had booked the week off, but was unwell for a large part of the week. Thankfully, he is on the mend now, though DD1 & 2 are under considerable pressure at work and Mum's health is definitely deteriorating rapidly, so things are still pretty stressful around here.

 DD3 had two baby teeth removed on Thursday, as they are impeding the eruption and safe passage of her adult teeth, and we are awaiting an appointment at a major hospital's maxillo-facial surgery department for assessment as she has problems with the alignment of her jaw which can only be fixed by surgery, or so we have been informed at this point in time.......

The Psalter is rapidly becoming my lifeline, and I love it dearly. No matter how dreadful the day, or how miserable I feel, there is strength and comfort in the words of the Psalms. Even if I only manage a single stasis, it helps considerably.....

I am going to re-start an on-going Akathist to St Xenia of St Petersburg on Monday, for employment issues primarily, so if you have anyone who needs prayers in this area of their lives, let me know and I will happily add them to my list for prayer.

I have finally and somewhat sadly put my Resurrection icon away, and am missing the Paschal Troparion so badly that it hurts. Despite the joys of Ascension, and with Pentecost still to look forward to, there is something so unutterably wonderful, precious and special about Paschal-tide :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

it is hard hey? sorry for all the stress you have been under. i know personally how hard this is and send my love and hugs. :) of course if you are able to pray to St. Xenia, remember me. the Psalter is very wonderful; glad you are still praying it. lots of love to you.

margaret said...

I too love the psalter. It is gradually becoming more and more of my prayer rule, in fact, it's pretty much psalms and akathists. I've added DD3 to my twice-weekly akathist to St Luke the Surgeon.

Athanasia said...

Yes, you DO need to take a breathe...a long and deep one! I'm tired just reading this!

Laura said...

Praying that all settles down and that you soon feel the space in your life to breathe again...