Thursday, May 19, 2011

For The Month Of May

           .... two photographs of a hand-carved statue
            of Our Lady of Walsingham at a local church.





Ironically, the photo above was a disaster in colour, as it was very dark indeed, and when I tried to use a flash, the result was equally disappointing in terms of white-out. Picasa photo editor came to the rescue and provided me with a B&W  version I am fairly happy with :-)


Because the statue sits on a high window shelf, it was impossible to get a decent flash photo, though I tried repeatedly. I didn't want to stand on the new upholstered chairs in the Lady Chapel. so the flash is predominantly visible on Our Lady's legs and the rest is too dark. 

Photo-editing did not prove to be the answer here, making Our Lady and the Christ Child look as though their eyes are shut......


Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

beautiful!