Monday, April 11, 2011

The Final Summit

The Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save Humanity


By Andy Andrews

Published by Thomas Nelson







Although I have not read the preceding book, The Traveler's Gift, “The Final Summit” provides enough of an internal precis of the first book to be completely comprehensible as a stand-alone book.

The protagonist, David Ponder, is now grieving after the death of his wife, and finding life painful. His previously eventful life takes another strange twist and turn when he is summoned to lead a summit meeting which will decide the fate of the world. Ponder meets a variety of interesting historical figures who give him sage advice, but one by one, the arbiter and judge of the summit rejects the conclusions submitted by Ponder and his colleagues, and the participants – and the reader - become more and more concerned as the hourglass in front of them sheds its sand - and the time which humanity has left.


I became really absorbed in trying to work out what the answer to the ultimatum was, and rather enjoyed the denouement at the end. It is a slim book, but engagingly written and nicely paced; I simply had to keep on reading till I found out what happened next ! I liked the mini study-guide at the end, and this is a book which I am sure my almost thirteen year old daughter will also enjoy reading.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: