Thursday, March 10, 2011

It Must Be Great Lent........

It must be Great Lent; the normal domestic mayhem worsens !

DD3 has picked up a stomach upset, and just as soon as she seems to be getting over it and can eat a little, she's ill again. Last night she was pretty poorly, with torrential outpourings from both ends, which was no fun for her, or for me doing the clean-up of the bathroom, and I ended up spending the night sleeping on the beanbag in her room. In the middle of all that, DD4 wakes up feeling sick and hurtles to the bathroom herself, obviously with the same bug, so round 2 of the clean-up commenced in the wee small hours. I'm in the middle of a  streaming cold which has settled on my chest and in my sinuses, so bending over is a nightmare, and I have to stop every few minutes, no matter what I am doing, to blow the faucet that was formerly my nose....

Other news:

We actually managed to all go away on a family holiday last week :-)

I was so scared of jinxing it that I deliberately didn't mention  it all, in   case Mum became ill and had to go into hospital again, like last summer. ..... mercifully, she remains stable and we were able to go away. We had a great time and  as soon as DH uploads the photos from his camera, I will post more about the holiday.


I had a hospital appointment with the Opthalmologist on Monday; the problems I am having with my sight appear to be the early development of a cataract in my very short-sighted eye and what appears to be the beginning of glaucoma. I am having further tests over the next few weeks, but I seem to have had some peripheral vision loss in both eyes as well, which is likely to be irreversible and a bit of a bummer, to be honest.......

My Uncle Bobby (my Mum's cousin) has been admitted to hospital and initial scans show a lesion on his brain which is causing him to lose physical co-ordination on one side. He will be having a biopsy soon to determine exactly what is going on, but it does not look wonderful. His wife has asked me not to tell my Mum at this stage until there is more concrete news, and I am the only person from our side of the family who knows. 

Kyrie eleison !
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Lord Have Mercy! That's a lot. Prayers for you!

Athanasia said...

Kyrie Elesion! I hope the doctors jump on the glaucoma quickly because, while it cannot be reverse, progression can be stopped or slowed greatly with treatment.

Lord keep Thy servant under Your mercy!

margaret said...

Prayers for Bobby.

And for your eyes.

I hope the bug clears up fast, those things are just horrible in a family, at least if I have one it's only going to be me.

DebD said...

domestic mayhem is right! Boy you've really bit hit by it.

Prayers for your Uncle and for your eye health. Can't wait to see the holiday photos.

elizabeth said...

Lord have mercy. Love and hugs and prayers.