Sunday, January 09, 2011

Birthday Gifts

I had a lovely 47th birthday on Friday.

But oh my, 47 ! Where did the years fly to ? My brain still thinks I am about 30............ even if the mirror doesn't, LOL.

DH and the littlies bought me the DVD set of Francesco's Venice and the DVD of "The Monastery: Mr Vig and the Nun" which I had wanted for ages :-)

Mr & Mrs DoomHamster bought me Porfessor David Crystal's new book "Begat - the KJ Bible & the English Language " and  DD2 & RobRob bought me my very own copy of Eammon Duffy's "The Stripping Of The Altars"...... no more galloping to the Public Library to borrow their first edition copy when I now have the second edition !

Other family members gave me cash and book tokens, which are always most acceptable.

DH took us all out for an early evening meal at the super restaurant where we all went for lunch for Christmas Day, so a jolly good day was had by all.

And then - the other shoe dropped. DD3 has been stricken with a high temp, sore throat and generalised malaise. DD4 has a nasty bout of cystitis and is on antibiotics, though she is almost better now. DD3 is currently languishing on the sofa, clutching her "poorly blankie" (which she has had since a baby, and still loves when she is feeling unwell) and sipping a hot chocolate mocha drink, watching some easy viewing on the TV.

But that's life ! Ups and downs, ups and downs.
Share with friends using the share button below.

6 comments:

margaret said...

47 is my next birthday in a couple of months... and my brain thinks I'm 30 too.

The Stripping of the Altars is a great resource, isn't it? I bought it in the fall and wished I had much earlier.

Hope the girls get better soon. I think I have the same as DD3 - it's this weather, it makes you susceptible to every bug around.

elizabeth said...

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday!! Many years!

And I hope all who are feeling unwell will recover soon!

Laura said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! Sorry about all the sickies though...prayers for you all!!

DebD said...

happy birthday and many years!

Michelle M. said...

I delighted that you had a wonderful birthday but sorry to hear that your family is ill. I hope they will feel better soon. Enjoy your gifts!

Susie Hemingway said...

It sounds like you had a lovely birthday and nice meal out, always good when it's not one you cooked yourself! So sorry to read that sickness has hit your family, hope they are all on the mend very quickly, so much of it around right now. Take care