Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Recently Read




This was a serendipitous charity shop find ! I love Louisa M. Alcott, and this was a new one to me. I so enjoyed reading it, although most people would probably condemn it for being pious, moralistic and too dated to be relevant.
I don't think that wanting one's children and wards to grow up to be sensible, decent people who care about what happens to others  is ever old-fashioned or irrelevant to modern society....quite the opposite, in fact !!


This book of Jewish folktales from around the world was a delight, especially the story of the Golem of Prague :-)


Both of these I had previously borrowed from the public library and thoroughly enjoyed them. 
 I was especially thrilled to pick them up very cheaply in the charity shop and read them again before Christmas :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: