Sunday, September 19, 2010

Year's Mind

Today is the first anniversary of my brother's death.

We took Mum to visit the grave, lay flowers and light a grave-candle, which we left flickering bravely in the blustery winds. One of my brother's closest friends had also visited earlier and left flowers and a card.

Neither my brother's wife nor his adult daughters had either visited or arranged to have flowers left on his grave,which is desperately sad. No wonder he came home to Wales when he was dying, where at least he was surrounded by love every day......

Memory Eternal..............
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Memory eternal. Prayers for his soul, and for you and your mother, dear.

Laura said...

Memory Eternal!

elizabeth said...

Memory Eternal.

Anniversaries like this are always hard.

Hugs and love.

He is on my prayer list for the departed...

Michelle M. said...

May your brother's memory be eternal!

I'm glad you were able to take your mother to the gravesite with you. I'm sure that was very important to both of you.