Monday, September 13, 2010

Tenby, Part Five, And The End !


We sat on the beach and admired the view over to St Catherine's Island and the old fort.  Lots of families were enjoying the warmth and sunshine ! 



Looking behind me, I could see what a wonderful view over the beach these houses must have  every single day.

Especially as part of the view included this:



                                Caldey Island, home of so many Saints throughout the last two millenia.

 It is several years since we last visited, and it is not a word of a lie to say that my heart yearned and actually ached to catch one of the little boats which travel to the island every twenty minutes or so. Unfortunately, we had neither the time nor the money to do so on this visit, but a significant part of my heart is devoted to this holy place, and I have every intention of making the pilgrimage to Caldey next year . And I have given DH due warning of the same :-)




This young gull was a joy. Although very nervous, and squeaking anxiously for his parents, he let me approach just close enough to snatch a photo of him, then I quickly retreated and left him to enjoy the sunshine in peace. He did later actually sit completely down on the warm  wall and gaze at the view, just as we were doing!



On the long way back to the car,  we passed this rather splendid house....


 



at which Admiral Nelson, Sir William and Lady Emma Hamilton stayed during their visit to Tenby in 1802.
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

What a beautiful place! I'm glad you were able to make it back.