Monday, September 13, 2010

Recently Read


During some very bleak days when Mum was particularly unwell, I found great solace in  revisiting the classic "William" books !



Both of these were fascinating books, and well worth dipping into......





This was a book to tug fiercely at the heart-strings. It chronicles the story of a family struggling to come to terms with a very autistic child, and the amazing transformation they were able to achieve with the help of a wonderful puppy called Henry. I wept buckets of tears for this family as they battled to get a diagnosis and appropriate help for their beloved little boy.



This was also an interesting read, but I don't think I will be reading it again, so out it goes to the charity donation heap.



This was endlessly interesting, and detailed the life and times of Nicholas Culpeper, who combined the three careers of herbalist, astrologer and author.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Benjamin Woolley did not truly understand the difference between an astrological  decumbiture chart and an astrological horary chart, which would definitely colour how one viewed Culpeper, but perhaps that is just me being churlish..... and all the social and religious upheaval  stirred up in Stuart times is lovingly chronicled, so I found lots to keep me entertained......
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

There are comfort books just like there are comfort foods. I'm glad you partook whilst your mom was ill.

I love your books read.