Friday, September 17, 2010




“The Nativity Collection” by Robert J. Morgan


                                                         Published by Thomas Nelson

I opted to receive this as an e-book, and although there are many illustrations which do translate well into gray-scale for the e-reader, I am sure that my enjoyment of them would be considerably enhanced if I had opted to see them in a hard copy of the book. That said, the 59 page text is well laid out, very clear and easy to read in the electronic format.

It is difficult to know where to start with this delightful collection of six Christmas-themed short stories. The six stories themselves are varied both in historical period and in style, and all work well. Several have nice twists in the tail which made me smile. I do not want to give to much away and spoil other people’s enjoyment of this slim volume, but each story managed to make me smile, make me sad and make me very thoughtful in turn.

My favourite of them all was probably the first one; I liked it so much that I will be incorporating it into my family’s Christmas traditions, and reading it to my children on Christmas Eve. I am sure they will love it as much as I did.

This book is definitely a keeper !

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze book review bloggers program.

I was not required to write a positive review.

The opinions I have expressed are my own.
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

rowejd said...

Thanks so much for the review! I run pastor Morgan's online bookstore. Your readers are welcome to purchase a signed copy of The Nativity Collection at his website.