Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The First Day Of The Ecclesiastical New Year

.....in our house started with a loud yell of "Mum! Can you move this giant spider?!"

The beast was sitting quite happily on the right-hand side of the stairs, terrifying the small fry into a gibbering huddle at the top of the stairs until Mum heroically moved the beast so they could go downstairs and have breakfast.......... but I had to take a photo of it with my hand next to it for scale.

Nobody in our house minds small spiders, but I am the formally designated humane removal expert of large or stinging beasties in our household :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

very cool!

margaret said...

I get that job too if my cats haven't got to them first. Not much survives long enough round here to frighten people.

Laura said...

I share the same post in our house...regardless of the size of the spider.

mamajuliana said...

You put your hand so close to it....I side with the children; call me terrified!