Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yet Another Secret Garden

Very close to Y Ffynnon Fawr is a magnificent Elizabethan Tudor mansion. 
My father went inside this house when its previous owner was alive, and he told me of seeing the magnificent mediaeval tapestries which had originally been "liberated" from Tewkesbury Abbey at the Dissolution of the Monasteries under King Henry VIII of impious memory.

Pedestrian access to the house is theoretically via this wonderful gate, though most people seem to use the other access point in the village......hence the lush growth of ivy adorning the gate :-)

Click on the photos to enlarge them.





Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

If I lived somewhere as gorgeous as you do, I'd never get at thing done!

DebD said...

how lovely. One day if I ever get back to the UK, I would like to visit that area. Wales is so beautiful.