Monday, July 05, 2010

Update On Mum

Mum was very bright when we visited her yesterday; she has had her second negative MRSA swab and a third has been taken for repeat testing.

She is still on O2 via nasal cannula and receiving IV antibiotics, and is currently waiting for a cardiac scan. She is likely to be in hospital all this week, as far as we can tell, and the hospital is making arrangements for Social Services to assess her house ASAP to provide suitable adaptations to enable her to continue living as independently as possible, according to her wishes. 

If they had done this two years ago, when she was last ill in hospital, she might have escaped admission this time. Rather like bolting the stable door long after the horse has bolted, it seems to me...........

But better late than never, I suppose !
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am glad she is feeling better and I will keep sending prayers your way!

elizabeth said...

Glad for the sense of hope I get from reading this one! My love and prayers.