Saturday, July 17, 2010

Good News

I am glad to be the bearer of good news at last - Mum has finally been cleared of the wretched MRSA infection which has kept her nursed in an isolation room for the last three and a half weeks, and is back on an ordinary ward :-)

She will enjoy the company of other ladies in the ward, as she was very lonely in isolation. And Mum loves to chat !

She seems very much brighter, though still very frail. Attempts continue to be made to successfully tweak her medication without causing problems, so she is very likely to be in hospital for at least another week, especially as the physiotherapy team now need to get her up and walking again, after last week's very poor health.

Definitely a step in the right direction...


Other news:

 1/ the holiday which DH booked for us to go on is due to start on Monday. Despite having Holiday/Travel insurance, if we cancel the holiday, we will lose several hundred pounds, so we have decided that DH will take the young ones away for the week and I will stay at home to be available to visit Mum each day, and in case of any problems. It will be the first time I have ever been away from the young ones, apart from the one night last year which I spent in hospital after having my gall-bladder removed.

2/  I was unsuccessful at interview for the job I recently sent in an  application; after the interview I was "de-briefed" by one of the senior management and told that I had interviewed extremely well but that the post had been given to someone who had been working voluntarily in the organisation and therefore had experience which I did not. So it is back to the drawing board on that one, though in a way I am relieved as the travel would have been a bit of a nightmare and very expensive.
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

DebD said...

that is too bad about the holiday. So glad about your mum

Laura said...

I'm glad to hear that your Mom is doing well. So sorry that you are going to miss your holiday though. The first couple of days might actually be enjoyable, but after that, I imagine it might get kind of quiet! I will say a prayer for you.

Here's hoping there are better and easier to get to employment opportunities in your near future!

elizabeth said...

So glad to hear of the improvements to your Mother's health!

Sorry that you can't go on vacation with the rest but pray that it will be a good week for all...

Great news that you interviewed well; it would be nice though if you can get a job that will not be stressful to get to. So not all bad that you did not get this one.

Love to you!!

Athanasia said...

Bravo on interviewing well. That is a good skill to keep good practice with for future endeavors. Do not be discouraged.

As for your Mum, I am very happy to know she is doing so well. My mother-in-law had MRSA twice and recovered both times, to full health and strength. I trust that will be the same for your Mum. Love to her!

As for the vacation - it is nice that you will have a 'home vacation' giving your DH some good quality time with the girls. Very important for Daddy's to have good solid relationships with their girls!

I see several bubble baths in your very near future!! :o)