Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Apologising

I found myself in an interesting situation of apologising to my dog today :-)

My modest raspberry bushes had a rather good crop of ripening berries yesterday morning, and when I went to pick some, all the ripe ones had mysteriously vanished. Rather miffed, I accused the dog, who, quite naturally, looked at me somewhat bemused.

I was washing the dishes an hour ago, gazing out of the window, when I saw a movement in the bushes. Curious, I held my breath and watched enthralled as a female blackbird happily picked and devoured several berries before rational thought kicked in and I realised that if I wanted any raspberries today, I had better go and pick them immediately before the bird ate them all.........

 I now have a large handful of lovely berries for later, a dog to whom I humbly apologised for doubting his integrity, and a rather annoyed blackbird skulking in the garden !
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Blackbird pie followed by raspberries. Mmmmm.

Michelle M. said...

That is really funny :) I've definitely done similar things, but, usually, to my innocent children.

Michael said...

You've made pies out of your children, Michelle?

Mimi said...

That's very sweet!