It certainly makes you appreciate being able to do the simple things in life, like put on a sweater or brush hair !
And on a slightly larger scale, the council have at long last delivered our new recycling supplies today. I am glad, as the borough-wide recycling scheme is supposed to start next week !
Our current weekly black refuse bag collection of all domestic waste is being phased out. Instead we will have fortnightly collection of black refuse bags, and weekly collection of :
- kitchen food scraps (these go into a small kitchen caddy, lined with biodegradeable bags, then into a larger outdoors container)
- plastic containers and bottles - in a separate container
- aerosols - in a separate container
- tin cans -- in a separate container
- paper - in a separate container
- cardboard- in a separate container
If it is successful, it could make a huge difference to the amount of waste generated and dumped by each household, as the bulk of things will be either recycled or in the case of domestic food waste, composted by the council.
And no doubt we will be charged if we want to buy any of the compost which we have helped produce from food we have bought, and for which we are already paying an exorbitant amount of council tax to subsidise the recycling scheme anyway.....................