Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mum Is In The Wars Again

My mother was admitted to hospital yesterday. 

She had an accident and fell a few days ago, and refused to call the doctor. Yesterday morning she was so unwell she finally agreed she needed to go to hospital. The long and short is that she has fractured a few ribs (she has osteoporosis as well) and has now developed a chest infection .

I spent most of yesterday waiting for her to be assessed at the hospital, but she is now relatively comfortable, on huge amounts of IV and oral medication, as well oxygen and heparin due to her enforced bed rest.

Hopefully they will now get round to expediting her cataract surgery, as if that had been done and she was able to see where she was going, she wouldn't have had the accident which fractured her ribs.................
Share with friends using the share button below.

7 comments:

Michael said...

I hope all goes well. They seem to have things under control from what you say but yes, it's frustrating that only after the fact do they sort out the main problem. Isn't that often the way, though?

elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear. My continued prayers. *hugs*

Michelle M. said...

I'm so sorry. I hope today is a better day. You will all continue to be in our prayers.

Mimi said...

Prayers and hugs.

Laura said...

I am sorry to hear this! Prayers are on the way!

Athanasia said...

Oh Elizabeth, I am very sorry to hear this. I fight the stubbornness in myself because I would have done the same thing...wait to call the doctor.

I pray she gets well soon.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

So sorry. She has been having such a tough time of late, and so have you. Continued prayers and love.