Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sniffling.....

....for several reasons.

Most importantly, DD1, the ever-wonderful DoomHamster is 24 today ! How on earth can my baby be 24?!? She and Mr DH will be down on the weekend :-)

And number 2, I have a streaming cold.  I will spare you all the details; suffice it to say I am currently on my third roll of toilet  paper to wipe my long-suffering Rudolph coloured nose........

I did manage to sleep reasonably well last night, despite the wretched mobile phone deciding it had a low battery and that it was mandatory to bleep incessantly on my bedside table at 04.20 this morning till I got up and plugged it into charge up!

DD2 and RobRob will be home this weekend - yeah !

DD3 is in the midst of her end of year exams this week, has been working hard and seems to be doing well so far.

DD4 has had a good report at her Parent/Teacher meeting, which is good news.

The Dog Of Doom has been walked, the rubbish is outside for the binmen to collect, there is artisan bread dough bubbling in the fridge for loaf-making later today, meat is defrosting for tea for us all and a new second-hand cookbook arrived in the post today ! Hoorah !

I am now the proud possessor of "The Jewish Princess Cookbook : having you cake and eating it....." which I have previously borrowed from the Library and enjoyed :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

That's a lot of nice things; hope the cold gets better; can you get better klennex tissue? toilet paper can be so hard on the nose :(