Saturday, May 01, 2010

Erk.

Erk indeed.

My mother had a hospital appointment on Tuesday, for which she has had to wait, in ever-decreasing health, for many months.

It was a mammoth task to get her to the hospital, but the short story is that she desperately needs an operation but because of her health problems, it cannot be done safely at the moment.

The operation would massively increase her quality of life and prolong her ability to continue her independence, which means so much to her.

Her medication is being drastically tweaked to try to make it possible for the operation to be done, but I am not raising my hopes. Mum is very down-hearted at this news, as am I.

Any spare prayers would be much appreciated.
Share with friends using the share button below.

7 comments:

margaret said...

You and mum have my prayers.

Laura said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Y'all will be in my prayers

elizabeth said...

Lord have mercy. My small and sincere prayers!

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

But at least there's the prospect of massively improved quality of life and prolonged independence, and THAT is very good news!

I haven't any spare prayers, but you and your mum shall have plenty of regular ones from me!

s-p said...

May all things come together for the salvation and wellbeing of your Mum and you.

Mimi said...

Lord have Mercy, prayers indeed. And big hugs to both of you as well.

Michelle M. said...

I am sorry that you are both going through this. Prayers for you and your mother.