Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Skies Are Quiet

..........except for the sounds of birds.

There is still no air traffic in the skies.

It is bizarre to see just blue, blue skies, with no contrails at all.

Normally, I see loads over our garden, as we are on a  flight path to the Welsh airport, as well as being on the main international flight route across the Pond.........................

Flights are not expected to resume till 1am BST Sunday morning. I feel so sorry for those affected by the delays, but I would rather wait and have a safe flight than risk flying and crash. DH was watching one of the Air Crash investigation TV documentaries, and they were interviewing a pilot and passengers who were in a plane that flew into an ash cloud, and all four engines failed due to the ash.......

Shiver.
Share with friends using the share button below.

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

crazy. must be nice to enjoy clear skys though! :)

Ian Climacus said...

As I drove towards the city today, 2 BA aeroplanes were parked well away from the terminal; reminded me of yours, and others', posts on the flight restrictions.

Athanasia said...

I remember this same 'lack of sound' in the sky the days after 9/11. Very eery.

羅惠玲 said...

我是天山,等待一輪明月。......................................................

Mimi said...

I also remember the sound of no planes from after 9/11 - it's such an odd peace.

prayers.

Susie Hemingway said...

My eldest sister lives at Hounslow and is just under the main flight path for Heathrow, she tells me she can never remember in all the thirty plus years that she has lived there such quiet, for her it was rather uncomfortable, a tad spooky and rather difficult to get used to, especially after all these years of noise. Not like us here in the country where all you can hear at night is your heartbeat! My very best wishes and peace always for you x

dell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.