Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Scrabble

I have really enjoyed playing Scrabble on one of the girl's Nintendo DS. DD3 also enjoys playing it.
Imagine my dismay when I was playing on Monday night and a word describing to an adult sex toy  was submitted by my  virtual "opponent" on the game.

I am not overly prudish, but I did object to words like that appearing in a game which in the UK is very much marketed towards a young age group. DH went searching online, and found many other parents had amde similar complaints. Apparently, there is the potential to mark a non-offensive words tickbox in player profiles, though this is not mentioned in the product guidance.

Needless to say, I have now enabled the appropriate function button so I can let the children play it without being exposed to words unsuitable for their ages. And to be honest, I also prefer not to see words like that either :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Ian Climacus said...

With you 100%.