Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Day

We weren't able to get to Agape Vespers as DD3 was up most of the night before with a dreadful  chest infection and accompanying cough. If I just say "coughing until she was virtually sick" and "at least 17 times" and then draw a discreet veil over the rest of the night, you will get my drift..........

We could not get to Vespers, but her beloved Godmother drove out of her way to come and visit all of us on her way home, which was a delight and a blessing !

The lampada burnt brightly all day, and the words of the troparion were on my lips each time I walked past the icon corner.

It was a good day.  And, thank goodness, DD3 is very much improved today !
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

DebD said...

Christ is Risen!

so sorry your dd was so sick. How sweet of her godmother to come out of the way.

margaret said...

Christ is Risen! Christos Voskrese!

Glad daughter is better - I know those kind of coughing fits, not nice at all.

elizabeth said...

Christ is risen! What a lovely godmother!!

My love to you and I know how much a lit lampada ads to our lives... I need to put more oil in mine right now...

Sarah in Indiana said...

So sorry about the illness and that you weren't able to make it to Vespers. Christ is Risen!

Ian Climacus said...

Christ is Risen!

Thanks to God DD3 is better, and thanks be to Gos for such love from DD3's Godmother.