Thursday, April 01, 2010

Bother !

I went to the dentist this morning, ostensibly for a check-up but ended up with a nasty filling, which I was rather expecting to have - the niggling discomfort of the last week indicated there was something amiss.
It took four hours for my upper mouth and nose to regain feeling, LOL, and now they have, I wish they hadn't. Ouch, ouch and triple ouch. I feel as if I have been smacked in the face with a brick.

DH has an eyelid cyst infection, and has spent all afternoon in bed, resting his eye. Rest is the only thing which helps, until the lump gets big enough to be surgically removed, poor love.

The weather is vile - cold and wet. Yesterday, I went on a training course, and it was only ten miles further inland than our home is, but they had snow by the time we were leaving !

Because DH has been working, we did not get to any of the church services so far this week. Tonight certainly won't happen. Tomorrow, it will be impossible to get there by public transport due to times and restricted public holiday services, and DH *hates* driving to the city where this week's services are held.

 I am hoping DH will be well enough to drive us to Agape Vespers for Pascha..............  God willing.
Share with friends using the share button below.

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

oh man, one thing after another. so sorry for this. hang in there. prayers.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

This is quite a blow. Here's a prayer that your Pascha will still be glorious!

Laura said...

I'm sorry to hear about your filling...praying that you make it Agape Vespers...

Ian Climacus said...

Prayers and love from Down Under.

Meg said...

I hope you are able to make it for Pascha -- I am all too familiar with the pain of not being able to attend as many of the services as one would like. Wishing you all the joy of the Feast!

Ian Climacus said...

A blessed Pascha Elizabeth.

Christ is Risen!