Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Flowers

          I spent quite some time at the cemetery, visiting the graves of family, friends and neighbours who have passed away, and saying a brief prayer for each one of them.

This is not the grave of anyone I know, but I simply had to take a photograph of these lovely daffodils, dancing in the breeze......
I like the idea of planting bulbs on the grave, but to keep it looking pretty and well-tended throughout the year would require a lot of maintenance and planning.
Nice though !
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Thank you for this, Elizabeth. I loved daffodils as a child but it is too hot for them in St Kitts, so when I moved there, daffodils, like snow, the clocks changing twice a year, and double-decker buses, (among other things), became for me small a small treasure of home that I looked forward to enjoying upon my return. Today, my friends do not understand my excitement when the clocks change, or when I see my first daffodil of the year.

You have also reminded me that my father's anniversary is approaching and that perhaps a visit is in order.

Beth said...

What a beautiful garden! I would have loved to walk there, and see all the gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing Iflorist.co.uk