Sunday, January 31, 2010

An Unexpected Gift

My DH  presented me with a gift last week.

A very welcome gift.

We had idly discussed buying an electric steamer several weeks ago, but the one DH liked was no longer on special offer, so the matter died a death, or so I thought.

Until on Weds night, the love of my life arrived home staggering with a large parcel - he was bearing a brand new steamer/rice cooker which he had bought for me.

It had its first run tonight; cooking basmati rice, which it did to absolute perfection. To say we are pleased is an understatement :-)   It also gives me a perfect excuse to go buy another cookery book with lots of steamer recipes, LOL !
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

What a sweetheart! (THe husband, not the steamer.)

Enjoy.

elizabeth said...

that's so nice!

wishing you a good start to the week!

Ian Climacus said...

Have fun!

And Happy Excel-ing too; I know the feeling of accomplishment when things like that work too! :D

Susie Hemingway said...

What a lovely husband and a great thoughtful gift. I also use a steamer for my rice and Veggies and fish. I truly love it. Especially when coping with a large number for say family roast when many veggies can be steaming thus freeing up the hobs for extra treats wonderful, and it does cook to perfection. Hope all is well with you and yours Elizabeth

Michelle M. said...

How sweet! That should come in handy in the months ahead.