Saturday, December 26, 2009

Just Finished



This book was a strange mix of utterly fascinating insights and complete supposition. The frequent inaccuracies relating to Orthodoxy annoyed me intensely. If you want to write a scholarly work, do so, with adequate research beforehand. Otherwise go write Dan Brown type pseudo-historical fiction.
Sorry. Rant over.







I had heard so much about this book, but had never before got round to reading it. It was an interesting look at life through the eyes of a young woman, mostly by means of her supposed journal. I really did enjoy it immensely, and there were some beautifully drawn characters. The author is rather more famous for her other main novel, 101 Dalmations :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I was underwhelmed by "I Capture the Castle" maybe I should reread?

and, the first one looks so amazing, I'm sorry to hear it was a dud. Grrrrrrrr.