Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Even More Recently Read




As the weather becomes ever more dark and gloomy, I seem to gravitate towards reading bright and cheerful tomes about living in faraway sunny climes..... I wonder why ? LOL.
Annie Hawes's series about life in rural Italy always manage to make me smile. Italy is high on my list of places I want to go to visit.......











This book. What can I say about it ?  It has taken me months to complete it, not because it is a huge tome (only 422 pages in total,  with 322 pages of text, the rest being scholarly footnotes and annotations) but because the the most significant event was, for some bizarre reason, dealt with extensively by the author within the introduction ! Having read this, it was very difficult to plough on with the book with any degree of enthusiasm, which is a shame, as it was dealing with one of the most exciting periods of scientific discovery in human history......
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I always want to come and raid your bookshelves!

DebD said...

I agree with Mimi. I enjoy finding out what you've been reading.