Friday, September 11, 2009

Family News

Edited again, to thank you all for keeping us in your prayers. It means a great deal to know you are praying for us.....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Edited to answer Dionysios's query - my brother's name is Mark.
Sadly he is not Orthodox, but does have faith in God.
I would be so thankful for your prayers for him.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



My brother was very poorly when we visited him tonight.

He veered between being agitated, confused and completely lucid. When he was completely lucid, he whispered to me that he was afraid of dying. I reassured him that we loved him, that God loved him far more than even we could, and that he needed to put his trust in God and to remember that he has many loved family members who have already made the journey through death, and that he would not be alone.

I cuddled him, held his hands and prayed so very hard for a peaceful ending to his life.
The nursing staff were happy to let us stay an extra two hours after visiting ended, so we could comfort him and calm him before we left to come home. The staff assured us that if he becomes distressed or if his condition worsens, they will phone Mum and I immediately and we will go straight back in.

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.
This is all so hard.
Share with friends using the share button below.

10 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Lord have mercy. Praying for you all. I imagine each moment you spend with your brother is precious. May you have peaceful moments with him as he prepares for the end of his life. We will continue to pray.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

So, so sorry, Elizabeth, and I do know how it feels for you.

What a blessing - for both of you, all of you - that you are there to comfort and reassure him.

May God grant him, and you, peace.

Be assured of continuing prayers from here.

And lots of love.

Meg said...

I wish I knew something to say to make you feel all right with all of this. But all I can say is -- you are all in my prayers.

elizabeth said...

This is really hard. My love and small prayers. and *hugs*. Glad you were able to stay longer to be with him. Lord have mercy.

DebD said...

I'm so sorry. prayers for you all.

Ian Climacus said...

Continued prayers and love from Down Under.

DIONYSIOS said...

May St. Dionysios of Zakynthos visit him and comfort him tonight. What is his first name?

Philippa said...

Ah Elizabeth...this just downright sucks.

You, Mark and all are in my prayers.

Kyrie Elesion!!

Matt said...

Lord, have mercy.

Mimi said...

It is hard, and awful and everything else you are feeling. I was really thinking about you guys this morning and sending heartfelt prayers.

Much love.