Friday, August 14, 2009

Nightmares

The stress of the current situation is obviously increasingly heavily preying on my mind, judging by the number and intensity of unpleasant dreams I have been having, despite bedtime prayers and falling asleep with my chotki in hand and reciting the Jesus prayer each night.

Lord have mercy on us all.........

On a happier note, I had my post-operative follow-up at hospital today and I have now been discharged as having fully recovered from my gallbladder removal.
I must admit to feeling really well, better than I have done for quite a long time. Apparently my gallbladder was so swollen and inflamed that it must have been causing me problems for a very long time.
Interestingly, since its removal, I have lost half a stone in weight without any effort on my part or any particular change in diet/lifestyle......added bonus :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

9 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, but your sorrow and situation have been weighing heavily on my heart. Continued prayers and love.

DebD said...

that is too bad about the nightmares. Prayers for a peaceful night for you.

margaret said...

Not for nothing do we pray for a dreamless sleep. I suspect as the enemy has access to our imaginations he also has access to our dreams. I pray yours stop soon. Btw, do you mind posting your brother's christian name or, if not, emailing it to me at nadiamargaret [at] yahoo [dot] com. thankyou.

Meg said...

It's a shame that it takes something like an operation to cause one to lose weight. If only it really were as simple as diet and exercise!

Prayers for your brother and your whole family. Sleep well tonight.

Laura said...

I'm sorry you are still in emotional upheaval. I keep you in my prayers...

Glad about the weight loss and that you are physically feeling better at least!

elizabeth said...

My love and small prayers. I remember your brother's name as it is my brother's name as well. This is really hard and I am sorry you are having nightmares.

I keep you in my small prayers and hope also that you can talk with some good friends in person too - sometimes talking about what we are going through can help.

I love you. *hugs* and prayers for a good night's sleep.

Ian Climacus said...

((Elizabeth))

Prayers and love ascending from Down Under.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Prayers and love for all of you, especially for your peaceful sleep.

Glad you are feeling so much better now in anothe way.

Michelle M. said...

I guess I should have gotten caught up on your blog before I emailed you back.

Sorry that you are having a hard time resting peacefully. I will pray for you each evening as you are heading to bed on your side of the pond.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. And losing weight is always a good thing to boost spirits. My prayers for you!