Thursday, August 13, 2009

Deja Vu....

You may remember I recently blogged about an elderly lady having an accident near our home.

This morning, after some hard work buying both new school shoes and trainers for DD4 (which cost us £64 in total), DH and I were in sore need of a sit down and a coffee.

We headed up to the seafront where we sat and enjoyed the view and the sunshine, sipped our coffee and DD4 enjoyed her iced slush drink. All was calm, tranquil and peaceful. Lots of folk were ambling past, enjoying the fresh air, when WHAM!

An elderly lady lost her footing and fell onto the concrete and brick decorative paving no more than ten feet away from us. She fell very heavily on her face and arm, and was much more hurt than the previous lady had been. An ambulance was summoned, the cafe provided a wet clean cloth and a drink of water, and we helped as best we could, as did several other folk. She was very distressed and very shaken. We waited until the paramedic First Responder arrived and we knew she was in safe hands.

I would hate to think of my Mum having an accident like that and no-one stopping to help............
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Nina said...

God bless you for helping her....something like this happened to my father last year and thank goodness there were people around to help him!

You were so kind to offer your help.

Mimi said...

I agree, God bless you for being there. Hugs.

elizabeth said...

oh no! that is hard to see! Thank God you and others were there! I find that there really are a lot of people in the world who care about others. We must be encouraged by this.

I have been thinking of you. My love to you this day!

Ian Climacus said...

How wonderful of you. God bless you.