Saturday, July 18, 2009

Safely Home !

I am safely home and tucked up in bed recovering from my cholecystectomy.

I had a pretty rough night, with a lot of vomiting, despite having been given a cocktail of drugs that apparently are normally given to people having chemotherapy to prevent vomiting. They didn't work, so I didn't get much sleep until 5am.....

I am much better now, and came home after lunch, of which I managed to eat only a little. Since at home I have managed to eat some food and am feeling much more chipper.

The Consultant said it was as well the gallbladder was removed as it had stuck itself to part of my duodenum and would have led to major and possibly life-threating complications in another year or two. So I am profoundly thankful it has been removed...........

Thank you all for your ind prayers !
Share with friends using the share button below.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Shew...glad your angel was watching over you!! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

s-p said...

Medicine amazes me constantly. Thank God all went well. Blessed recovery!

elizabeth said...

Wow. Thank God! So glad to hear. My small prayers and my love.

Ian Climacus said...

Thanks be to God.

Continued prayers for recovery.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Glory to God for your timely surgery and prayers for your quick and easy recovery.

Nina said...

I have just started reading your blog and I have been enjoying it so very much!

Glad to read that everything went well and I hope you are up and about soon!

Many blessings!

margi said...

Stuck to your duodenum? Urgh. It's horrid what innards can do. I'm glad you recovering and it's good they got it now. St Luke of Simferopol is a good saint to pray for for health issues - maybe most for your brother - he was immensely helpful to me when I had breast cancer last year.

Andrea Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry to be so behind on your blog (as I am on most everyone's - busy summer). I really appreciate your comments on mine, and I hope your pain will be relieved as you continue to mend.