Thursday, July 30, 2009

Motivated

Our torrential rain, almost constant throughout this week, was still going strong most of this morning.

By midday, the clouds had disappeared, the sky was 90% blue and I felt as if I had Cabin Fever. What is far more likely is that a whole week away from the charity bookshop in town is more than I can bear :-)

The young ones and I grabbed our jackets and bags and we walked to town. This is the first substantial walk I have taken since my operation, and I have to say, that after visiting the Public Library (bliss!), doing a small modicum of essential shopping and browsing in the charity shop, where the girls and I each came home with three books (utter bliss!), I was all too happy to hop on the bus and wend my way wearily home. That small outing has rendered me really exhausted, so I need to build up my stamina again and visit more bookshops..........

The only caveat is that I simply cannot carry any weights at all at the moment, without causing abdominal pain, which does rather restrain my book-buying addiction........
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Well, that's no fun. You'll just have to get lots of rest, and eat lots of protein -- I wasn't allowed to fast, after I'd had abdominal surgery -- and take baby steps back to walking, so you can carry all the books your little heart desires. ;->

elizabeth said...

Yes. This would take time. When I broke my foot and was on bedrest, it took time to regain strength. But we do regain it. My love and continued prayers.