Sunday, July 26, 2009

Impending...

Mum and I have been asked to go into hospital to meet with my brother's Doctor within the next few days, most likely sometime Monday.
It is not going to be good news.

Sigh.


My Godmother, the Presbytera Celia, reposed two weeks ago today. I am finding it very hard to come to terms with.
Prayers for her repose, and for all of us who mourn her would be so much appreciated.

I am not having a good day physically today, with lots of heartburn, indigestion, stomach and back pain. I didn't feel as bad as this the day after my operation, to be honest. And DH has to go back to work tomorrow, and won't be home till Weds night :-(

Off to hunt up some painkillers and antacid medicine from the cupboard instead of indulging in self-pity !
Share with friends using the share button below.

10 comments:

DebD said...

hugs and prayers for you and your brother. I don't know how I'll deal with my godmother's repose.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

More hugs and prayers from me for your brother and mother and you and your whole family.

Goodness, Deb! I hope there isn't any anticipation of that happening anytime soon, is there?

elizabeth said...

I am sorry to hear. Grief is really hard. I lost my spiritual Mother over 10 years ago and I, as many in grief, was shocked that the sun was shining. Everyone reacts to grief differently; I will continue to pray for you.

I love you as a dear blog sister in Christ and will continue to add my small prayers for your brother. *Hugs*

Meg said...

Any chance that your older daughters can be around to help?

I know that I was shocked to feel worse, several weeks after my surgeries, than I had during the week I was "supposed" to be at my worst. Recuperation is weird, in that your body has its own times and rhythms that medical science isn't always aware of, and doesn't always respect.

Meanwhile, prayers for you and your family. Off to blog about my own recent experiences with this subject.

Michelle M. said...

Prayers for you and your family. I wish I could reach out and give you a hug. Please keep us updated.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

I forgot to say I lost my spiritual father several years ago. He reposed on Pascha. (!) I still feel the grief, and sometimes I feel orphaned, although I know I'm not really... it still feels that way sometimes.

Mimi said...

Hugs and prayers - grief is always messy, and that is very ok.

Laura said...

Lord have mercy...you just have so much to deal with at one time...

Ian said...

Hugs, prayers and love ascending from Down Under.

May the Lord bless, sustain and strengthen you. God bless.

Nina said...

My prayers are with you and your family right now. I hope and pray that you have some good news in re your brother.

My your Godmother's memory be eternal.

Many blessings.