Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Busy Day

Just a very brief note to say that I was able to attend my Godmother's funeral today.

I have been out of the house since 9.30am and got home at 6pm. I am physically shattered but so very glad that I was well enough to go. It was a beautiful, heart-rending and joyful service. It was the first Orthodox funeral I have ever been to, as a matter of fact.

I am shortly heading up to bed to get some much needed rest.This is the first day since my operation that I have been "up" all day without a rest and I don't want to push my recuperative luck too far :-)

To the Presbytera Celia - Memory Eternal !
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm so glad you got to go. She is in my morning prayers.
and, I'm so glad to hear you are mending well.

elizabeth said...

My continued prayers. I too am so glad you were able to go. Orthodox funerals are the most beautiful and healing services for loss and grief.

My love to you.

DebD said...

I'm so glad you were able to attend. Take care of yourself.

Nina said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog....