Monday, June 08, 2009

Nice Prayer Book

I found a really rather nice unofficial prayer book entitled "Byzantine Catholic Prayer in the Home".

It can be downloaded from the Internet Archive here


With only fairly minor tweaking it would make a very nice daily prayer book for the Orthodoxen.

At first glance, I intend to remove the Rosary section and references to the Pope, and will double check that prayers for the Feast of the Conception of the Theotokos in December are the same troparia/kontakia as in my Jordanville prayerbook etc.
Maybe other amendemnts would be necessary too, but I will need to check it very carefully in a printed out copy.

I find it really hard to correct/examine text on a screen.
Yes, I know, I should wear my glasses.
In fact I need to get my eyes tested as it has been over two years since it was last done.......
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: