Saturday, May 09, 2009

Owning Up !





What can I say !
I saw the documentary of "Supersize Me" when it was first released on dvd, and enjoyed it. This book was a serendipitous find in a charity shop, and has been read both myself and DD3, so it was 30p well-spent :-)

Mnay of the criticisms levelled at the big M corporation are now redundant, in Britain at least, where many of the nutritional issues have been successfully addressed and resolved, to my stringent standards at least.
Needless to say, it provoked many interesting discussions about healthy eating, advertising and corporate policy-making with DD3 !

Disclaimer: In the interests of full disclosure, I must admit to the following:-

We went to the big M's this morning to use up no fewer than seven free food "wins" from the recent Monopoly game promotion. Eaten today by DH and I for a combined breakfast and lunch were:
2 Oats-so simple porridges
2 Cappuccinos
2 Cheeseburgers
1 Apple Pie (given to the young ones to share)


Plus a Happy Meal each for DD3 and 4.

I know. I should be ashamed.......
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Ian said...

He he. :)

I remember "Supersize Me" too.

You've certainly been busy reading; thanks for the reviews.